Thursday, January 30

New Breakfast Ideas??? Yes, please!


So Josh and I had the following conversation this morning

K: "What do you want for breakfast?"
J: "I don't know...what do you want for breakfast?"
K: "I don't know either.  I'm so SICK of everything we usually have..."
J: "Ya, me too..."

So after that scintillating conversation, we had toast and smoothies.  We often have toast and smoothies...

I'm in the mood for something new, so if you have any ideas, send them my way ;)

I remembered a recipe my sister Nicole sent to me last week, and I have everything in my pantry, so today I tried it out.  I think it may just be my new favourite thing to make breakfast more interesting.


Paleo Granola

Ingredients: 

3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
2 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups ground almonds (see note)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded/flaked coconut
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Mix all of the above in a large bowl.  To the bowl, add...

3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup honey

Stir until it's combined and then add...

2/3 cup melted coconut oil

Stir everything together and lay out on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.  At this point it will look like this:
Before baking
Before baking closeup

Put it in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, stir, and bake for 15 minutes more.  When you're done, it will look like this:
After baking
After baking closeup
It's delicious!  Add it to yogurt, salads, or just eat as-is :)

Ok, now who has some other breakfast ideas for us????

2 comments:

  1. We love steel cut over night oats with apples and cinnamon! If you google over night oats you will find a ton of great recipes. I've also made those egg muffin cups that are all over pinterest. You put bacon on the bottom of a muffin tin and then add eggs and veggies....we make enough for the week and refrigerate them or put them in the freezier. They reheat nicely and you can have it on an english muffin or just on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder about overnight oats. I made a variety of recipes a few years back and really enjoyed them. Healthy and filling!! Rolled oats are now on my list for groceries this week....

      Delete